Director, Learning Futures Initiatives
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Under administrative direction, plans, organizes and directs the
day-to-day operations of the UOEEE Program Evaluation team. Manages
evaluation projects, processes, and a team of analysts/program
evaluators. Monitors progress toward goals and objectives and
provides regular updates. Coordinates with departments/personnel
regarding evaluation projects, processes, outcomes, and
deliverables. Uses a variety of computer applications (data
analysis, budgeting, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation,
database, project coordination, etc.) to perform job functions.
Collaborates with faculty and staff on evaluation projects,
processes, and proposals.
-- Job Family Generic Department Name Eval/Educational
Effectiveness Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time VP Code EXEC VP/PROVOST
Scope of Search Open Grant Funded Position This is not a grant
funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Salary Range $48,400 - $85,000 per year; DOE Close Date
04-January-2021 Category 04
- Leads a team that conducts evaluations of grant-sponsored
projects. Hires, trains, supervises, mentors, and evaluates
professional and/or student staff.
- Manages all aspects of a portfolio of evaluation projects,
including identifying components, scheduling tasks, and
coordinating with team members. Develops evaluation plans,
timelines, and budgets.
- Prepares and submits studies for review by ASU's Institutional
Review Board. Manages unit's IRB submissions.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff to develop proposals for
external funding, including bio narratives, measurable objectives,
program evaluation design specifications, and budgets.
- Liaises with internal and external constituents to plan and
manage all phases of evaluation projects.
- Uses data management systems to track project planning,
budgeting, implementation, and reporting.
- Oversees development and refinement of tools to support
management of evaluation projects.
- Selects, develops, and/or recommends evaluation methodologies,
data collection protocols, and data analyses.
- Develops/revises data collection strategies, instruments, and
- Manages and conducts data collection, including surveys,
interviews, focus groups, and observations.
- Analyzes, interprets, and summarizes quantitative and
qualitative data in narrative and graphical/tabular formats.
- Plans, coordinates, writes, and reviews technical evaluation
reports that summarize results and present recommendations for
- Prepares and conducts specialized, technical
presentations/leads workshops for various audiences.
- Provides consultation to higher education administrators,
faculty and staff on research and/or evaluation projects,
processes, and/or best practices.
- Stays--abreast of best practices in social science research and
- Completes special projects and complex administrative
functions, as needed. Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a
field appropriate to the area of assignment AND seven (7) years of
related administrative experience, which includes four (4) years of
supervisory experience; OR, Eleven (11) years of related
administrative experience, which includes four (4) years of
supervisory experience; OR,--Any equivalent combination of
education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved. Desired Qualifications
- Evidence of a Master's degree in a related field with research,
evaluation, and/or assessment emphasis AND five (5) years of
related administrative experience which includes three (3) years of
supervisory experiences OR a Doctoral degree in a related field
with research, evaluation, and/or assessment emphasis AND three
years of related administrative experience, which includes three
(3) years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated administrative, managerial, and/or supervisory
experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience supervising and/or mentoring professional staff in a
collaborative research and/or evaluation setting.
- Experience successfully leading collaborative social science
research and/or evaluation teams.
- Experience conducting multiple phases of the program evaluation
process (e.g., determining evaluation strategies/methods, designing
data collection protocols/instruments, collecting data, analyzing
data, preparing reports/presentations).
- Experience overseeing multiple, complex projects and meeting
deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in analyzing and summarizing quantitative and
qualitative data in narrative and graphical/tabular formats.
- Experience in communicating--complex information effectively
(written/verbal form) to a variety of audiences, including
university and external constituents.
- Experience in delivering presentations, workshops, instruction,
and/or training in a professional setting.
- Experience in using--word processing, spreadsheets, database
software, presentation, email, and/or statistical software (e.g.,
Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, SPSS).
- Experience in working collaboratively with individuals at
multiple levels, in diverse roles, and with diverse
- Experience in providing consultation to higher education
administrators, faculty and staff on research and/or evaluation
projects, processes, and/or best practices.
- Evidence of current CITI training.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding
and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate
distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change
priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of
- Clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not
limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse),
printer, fax, copier, calculator, telephone and associated computer
- Receive regular review of assignments for adherence to
established goals and objectives.
- Position may involve travel to other metropolitan ASU campuses
or off-site locations for meetings.
-- Department Statement The University Office of Evaluation and
Educational Effectiveness (UOEEE) promotes educational
effectiveness by providing expert programs, resources, and services
in social science research and evaluation; outcomes assessment; and
testing and measurement for the university and its constituents ASU
Statement Arizona State University is a new model for American
higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic
excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New
American University is a single, unified institution comprising
four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic,
social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it
serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring
the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines.
ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix,
Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions
intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all
fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are
encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex,
religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or
any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU's
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at
https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may
request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police
Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services . ASU conducts
pre-employment screening which may include verification of work
history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. ASU
conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes
a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic
credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent
upon successful passing of the background check. Instructions to
Apply Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date
Please include all employment information in month/year format
(e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer
for each position.
Resume/cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge
and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of "equivalent combination" in
the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education
or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For
example, a four year Bachelor's degree is equal to four years of
Keywords: EdSurge, Tempe , Director, Learning Futures Initiatives, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!