Compliance Risk Manager Lead
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Compliance
Risk Manager Lead in our Plano Legacy, TX, San Antonio, TX,
Phoenix, AZ, OR remote locations.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding
business products, services, and processes through a compliance
framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory
requirements. In partnership with the business and key
stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance
and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting
the interests of USAA and its membersJob Requirements
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and
potential compliance solutions, and leads cross-functional teams
through the problem resolution process.
- Assesses results of data analyses, provides credible challenge
and recommends innovative compliance solutions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to
influence business leadership on effective solutions and may
represent leadership on complex issues.
- Maintains and expands expert knowledge of the
competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key
- May coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and
requests and ensures the execution of examinations.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance
with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as the technical expert regarding compliance laws and
regulations and provides direction to others on complex
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and
regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory
compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- 8+ years experience at a financial services company regulated
by the Federal Reserve Bank or the OCC, law firm, a consulting
firm, Big Four accounting firm, legal or Compliance department, or
regulator (e.g. OFAC, SEC, DOJ, FED, state securities
- Familiarity with banking and financial services regulations,
including familiarity with Conduct Risk concepts and
- Proven experience designing and implementing compliance
programs involving large financial institutions, including banking
organizations, with specific proven experience in drafting
Compliance Policies, Standards, and Procedures.
- Proven experience with Annual Risk Assessment management and
program Monitoring & Testing.
- Strong project management skills; Proven ability to timely
execute and deliver complex compliance projects on schedule and fit
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong presentation skills and written and verbal communication
skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to build rapport with key partners and interface with
businesses and functions in order to facilitate the successful
implementation of the enterprise Compliance Programs.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- JD, MBA, or equivalent degree.The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
3/23/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Compliance Risk Manager Lead, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!