Third Party Relationship Management Lead - IT
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobEnables USAA's third-party risk
management/procurement strategies and program pillars of managing
risk, strengthening operational efficiency, driving Enterprise
value, and delivering exceptional customer experience through
effective relationship management of multiple third-party
relationships. Understands the relevant operational risks and
regulatory compliance requirements of the business processes
outsourced to the third party. Primary duties are focused on
Third-Party Risk Management Lifecycle Process responsibilities for
planning, risk assessment and due diligence, contract negotiations,
on-going monitoring, and termination. Partners with the third-party
risk management and procurement operations, CoSA leadership, and
various support partners to build and enable business strategies,
justify utilization, identify and select providers and effectively
monitor and manage compliance with applicable policies and
regulatory requirements, adherence to USAA policy, standards,
procedures, reporting requirements, service level objectives, etc.
This job resides in a line of business or a staff agency (CoSA) and
requires continuous engagement and collaboration with other
third-party roles as defined by the policy (i.e., Category
Managers) within the CoSA s operating environment.Job
- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple
third-party relationships high or critical inherent risk that could
cause the Enterprise to face significant risk if the Third Party
fails to meet expectations.
- Leverages extensive knowledge of industry laws and regulations
along with approved USAA third-party risk management and
procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology
and tools, etc. to identify, document, mitigate, and manage risks
while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance
with USAA and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for driving execution of required on-boarding
activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to
appropriate USAA systems, facilities, on-line resources, training,
etc., with support from Procurement, Information Security,
- Ensures termination of relationships including removal of
system and physical access to USAA assets as well as coordinating
transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding of an
- Executes the Inherent Risk Questionnaire (IRQ) process to
assess risk profiles of third-parties and ensure effective
application of appropriate rigor to manage risks through the
duration of the relationship.
- Manages long and short-term third-party strategy and
relationships to support attainment of CoSA and Business
Relationship Owners objectives and goals.
- Interacts with senior leadership for purpose of developing and
implementing integrated and collaborative resource planning
- Partners with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and
Control Advisors) and second-line of defense partners (i.e., Risk,
Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls
that enable effective management and deliver expected performance
from integrated business processes (end-to-end USAA and third-party
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects
products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships
and monitors third-party s ability to deliver against contractual
requirements and service level agreements.
- Supports the development of key performance indicators for the
- Monitors third-party relationships for Member complaints and
levels of Member satisfaction.
- Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship
invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Influences effective collaborative partnerships with
third-party suppliers and internal clients.
- Leads management routines and documents conversations between
USAA stakeholders and third-party relationships to gain alignment
of approach to compliance with new or changing logs and
regulations, strategic direction and road maps, risk appetite,
- Drives Enterprise value through analysis of the strategic
objectives of sourcing a product / service to a third-party and
evaluating the alignment with broader CoSA and Enterprise
objectives; develop projections of future demand related to
third-party relationships based on expertise in business, industry,
and other trends.
- Provides thought leadership that will build and drive the
- Champions the broader functions within the organization by
demonstrating an understanding of the sourcing solutions business
model and works as an advocate in the Enterprise.
- Understands team dynamics and promotes the development of team
relationships. Serves as a mentor to others.
- Consults on metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing
and supplier value and works collaboratively with business
partners/COEs to prioritize and drive implementation.Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- And 8 or more years of relevant supply chain management,
vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in
financial services, information technology, or related
- 4 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory
compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such
as Office of the Comptroller of the
- Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve Board, Consumer Financial
Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Subject -matter-expert knowledge of relevant business
process(es) and regulatory compliance requirements
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of supply chain management
- Advanced knowledge of budget controls and project
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to drive
solutions across all organizational levels
- Strong attention to detail in third-party relationship
- Strategic and operational planning experience*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not able to change your responses.Preferred:
- Extensive prior TPRM (Third Party Risk Management), STM
(Supplier Technology Management), VRM (Vendor Relationship
Management), SDE (Service Delivery Evaluator), Supplier Management
or Contracting/Sourcing deep expertise.
- Extensive technology expertise in one of the following
disciplines: Technology Infrastructure, Hardware, Software, Tools,
Development, Security or Architecture
- Deep experience in at more than one of the following areas:
contracting, technology sourcing, technology risk and control,
management of external suppliers or service provider/ outsourced
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance and
regulations/regulatory requirements as related to Information
Technology or Third Party Supplier Management.
- Demonstrated leadership establishing partnerships to ensure
effective planning and collaboration on Third Party Risk Management
related matters and coordination between various risk functions
across the CAO and Enterprise areas.
- Direct experience quantifying and communicating thru the use of
Risk and Control framework, inherent and residual risks and KRI/KPI
s, the impact of Technology Third Party Risk to multiple
organizations and control partner groups.
- Direct experience guiding and consulting business and
technology managers responsible for third party supplier
relationships.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including
a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 3/23/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager,
management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Third Party Relationship Management Lead - IT, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!