Aerospace Engine Mechanic - Join us in Phoenix - Relo Available
Company: Standard Aero
Posted on: January 26, 2023
StandardAero is in search of an aircraft maintenance mechanic to
work in our Phoenix, AZ facility. The successful candidate will be
responsible for the disassembly, cleaning, inspection and assembly
of turboprop and fan jet engines (PT6A & JT15D).
If you have a desire to work in a safe, fast-paced, team-oriented
facility, we have a great career opportunity for you. Our priority
is to provide a safe and engaging work environment where every
employee contributes to the safety and service of our valued
customers. Our employees are focused on providing quality work in a
timely fashion to ensure our customers can fly with confidence.
Essential Job Functions
Incoming Inspection and Operational Tests - 20%
- Performs initial visual inspection and routine maintenance on the
engine and its components
- Runs functional, operational and mechanical tests on the engine
- Identifies discrepancies to be addresses or fixed
Dismantle and Repair - 40%
- Dismantle and remove engine and components
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents
- Clean any parts or components as required
- Completes scheduled maintenance and any necessary
repairs/modifications of the engine/components
Kit and Reassemble - 30%
- Ensures all parts and components are ready and available
- Reinstall and test engine components
- Reassembles engine
- Performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air
- Document and signs off on all work throughout each process
Follows Manuals and Technical Data - 10%
- Follows maintenance manuals throughout each process
- Completes inspections in accordance to original equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate required. Must be
appropriately certificated in accordance with 14 CFR Part 65.
- Five or more years' experience in an Aviation maintenance
experience on corporate aircraft preferred. JT15D & PT6A engine
- Demonstrated technical ability on specific airframes and engines
in the areas of inspections, maintenance, preventive maintenance,
alterations, and repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to locate and apply FAA regulations,
Advisory Circulars, Orders, Notices etc.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan work activities in an
organized and timely manner.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to
communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and
- Must be able to think clearly, and speak intelligibly on the
telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools,
computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
**Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: Standard Aero, Tempe , Aerospace Engine Mechanic - Join us in Phoenix - Relo Available, Engineering , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!