Company: TECHSTAFF of AZ
Posted on: May 10, 2022
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing,
implementing and reviewing the procedures and equipment involved in
the manufacturing process. Duties include researching automation
techniques, designing and testing new systems for efficiency and
planning factory layouts to optimize production.
Duties and responsibilities
Some of the duties a Manufacturing Engineer may have while being
responsible for running and maintaining a company's manufacturing
- Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for
improvements in quality control.
- Analyze production processes, schedules, methods and other data
and then provide management with reports containing the data and
statistics to enable management to better understand future
requirements needed for the manufacturing process.
- Ensure that the company's manufacturing processes are in
compliance with all government laws and regulations.
- Review and calculate labor, material and other production costs
along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements
to assist management in decision making.
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space
requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency using LEAN
manufacturing practices and techniques.
- Achieve LEAN certification.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair services and make
sure that manufacturer's procedures and instructions are followed
in order to keep production equipment operational.
- Design equipment and processes to facilitate efficient production
Skills and qualifications
Below are some of the skills needed by a Manufacturing Engineer to
continually improve and implement improvements in a company's
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good information technology skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of equipment for purchase, installation and repair
- Bachelor's degree in engineering such as mechanical engineering,
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing practices
Keywords: TECHSTAFF of AZ, Tempe , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!