Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
Company: Meritage Homes
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Responsibilities: The Senior BI Engineer is a key player and a
leader in our Data, Reporting, and Analytics team and works with
the business on the continuous development and support of
reporting, analytics, and data visualizations. The individual must
have experience leading or playing a key role in business
intelligence projects and creating and supporting reporting and
analytics solutions. Excellent data analysis skills are required,
as are excellent customer service skills.-The individual must be
able to effectively communicate and form relationships with
end-users and business leaders to learn the company's data and key
metrics and help drive the adoption and usage of BusinessObjects
and other data and analytics tools.-As this is a senior-level and
business-facing role, the Senior BI Engineer must have an
exceptional sense of customer service and excellent communication
skills to articulate project progress and obstacles to all
stakeholders, from internal/I.T. teams to line-level employees and
Executive Vice Presidents.-It is ideal but not required for the
individual to have experience with the development and maintenance
of BusinessObjects reports and universes.-Responsibilities and
- Be a data analyst - understand user requirements and develop a
deep understanding of the data; use SQL queries to analyze and
interpret data, perform data discovery, and resolve reporting
issues or customer questions.
- Be a data evangelist - collaborate with the business to create
meaningful reports and analytics; demonstrate the power of data
using existing or new resources (reports, dashboards, etc.).
- Be a change agent and data engineer - play a key role in the
implementation of the Enterprise Data Strategy, the data warehouse,
and reporting data marts.
- Design, develop, and use data structures (database tables and
views) and data marts to support reporting and analytics
- Identify and execute the continuous improvement of the existing
reporting and analytics resources and database foundations.
- Identify and execute opportunities to grow our use of new or
existing data as well as our reporting and analytics resources and
- Design, develop, and maintain SAP BusinessObjects universes and
Web Intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Adhere to Agile and ITIL processes for database development and
- Ensure compliance with security policies and practices by
following internal and external audit governing bodies.
- Work closely with the IT project management team to complete
tasks and projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Regularly report uptime and availability and ensure both IT
senior management and the business are kept proactively
- Ensure collaborative working practices are implemented and
encouraged within the team, across the team, and with business
- Seek opportunities for professional development.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or another
related field,-years of experience in report development roles will
be considered in place of formal education.
- Experience with Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores, and
Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- Experience with dimensional modeling, slowly changing
dimensions, and ETL/ELT solutions.
- Experience developing a wide array of reporting and analytics
resources using one or more tools: SAP BusinessObjects, Power BI,
Sisense, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Methodical and logical approach to solving problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of versioning and the development
- Strong understanding of Agile & ITIL methodologies and
- Able to work and operate from our corporate office in
- Able to work in a corporate office environment and with
frequent contact with other staff, contractors, vendors, and the
- Proven experience developing and supporting SAP BusinessObjects
- Varied experience with other reporting and analytics tools
besides SAP BusinessObjects.
- ITIL and Agile training and qualifications. Overview: Are you
looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes
is the place for you! -From the homes we build to the careers we
offer, we believe in quality. ? Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR-
Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in
protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in
homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about
furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an
organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives.- With
over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for
professionals who are self-starters and want to help our
organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.- -When
joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative
ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an
integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best#LI-VC1
Keywords: Meritage Homes, Tempe , Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, Engineering , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!