Principal Automation Engineer
Company: West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side
of our patients and customers, our global team members and the
communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a
Healthier World. At West, we are by the side of patients. The work
we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are
a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role
we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team
members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our
customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse,
close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice
and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect.
With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success,
which includes reported sales of $2.14B in 2020. We serve by the
side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members
across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of
charities that have special meaning to them through our West
Without Borders team member-led giving program. In this role, you
will manage and lead automation projects, continuous improvement
activities on existing and future equipment within the business.
Support manufacturing through the design and implementation of new
projects to continually improve existing process and procedures.
Develop and implement long term solutions, equipment safety
procedures, predictive / preventative maintenance, and sustainable
process systems for key assembly equipment. Ensure compliance with
appropriate quality management systems including procedures and
best practices are met. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage/lead engineering team(s), from concept through
acceptance testing, for new and existing automation, device, and
assembly equipment and technologies
- Develop and implement automated manufacturing strategies to
meet customer and West needs globally.
- Generate continuous improvement and on-going business
development of maintenance systems and manufacturing process
- Oversee and support customer and supplier relationship
development and troubleshooting in relation to global engineering
- Manages project requirements and timelines in support of new
product / product line extension projects and/or product
optimization development projects.
- Develop, execute, and document project assignments in
compliance with committed timelines and project goals, and per
established governance policies and procedures.
- Work with all departments across the business to ensure that
new processes meet their requirements.
- Manage installation processes of new equipment with appropriate
training and technology transfer to operations.
- Ensure technical and customer requirements for assigned
projects are achieved.
- Provide engineering assistance to keep production equipment
operating at an optimum efficiency.
- Initiates projects to improve safety, reliability and
production based upon evaluation of existing equipment.
- Other duties as assigned Basic Qualifications: --
- Bachelor's - Engineering Discipline or 8+ years in related
field in manufacturing industry
- Proficient in leading project team(s) and managing vendors,
ensuring all requirements are met
- Medical device development and manufacturing required.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, workflows, automation
equipment and industrial techniques.
- Must have knowledge of sound engineering principles and
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as
they are related to the position covered by this Job
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities
towards delivery of the set target
- Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all
- Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all times .
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time Physical & Mental
- Must be able to safely lift 25 lbs.
- Must have full faculty and safety awareness when working on
- Maintain clear communication paths with stakeholders, providing
routine project review updates as needed.
- Solves complex problems analyzing possible solutions using
standard methodologies, procedures, experience, judgment, and
- Understand key business drivers and follow applicable West
project management process & methods in execution of assigned
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills. West is an
equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you
have a special need that requires accommodation in order to apply
to West, please send an email to email@example.com .
Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West
Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate
companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of
background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc, Tempe , Principal Automation Engineer, Engineering , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!