AV Technician II
Company: IES Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2020
AV Technician II
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
2801 S. Fair Lane .
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
Direct Hire with full benefits available
The qualified candidate will be well rounded and experienced in
commercial Audio/Visual systems. This individual should have strong
industry knowledge of best practices and installation standards
consistent with InfoComm and manufactures specifications. This
individual must be proficient in reading and interpreting AV Signal
one-line drawings, able to understand system function and determine
cable pull schedule from this information. They must maintain a
professional and presentable appearance and be capable of
interfacing with clients. Knowledge of and experience in commercial
construction standards is strongly preferred. This candidate is
required to pass company qualifications to drive a company
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Installation of Commercial Audio Visual to include:
* AV cable pulling
* Rack building/pre-wire
* Hang projector screens
* Build structure to hang AV equipment consistent with industry
* Install speakers
* Install flat panel displays
* Install cameras
* Install ceiling and tabletop microphones
* Solder AV connectors
* Terminate shielded category cable
* Conduct expert level of troubleshooting of AV system.
* Structured cabling, which includes pulling, terminating, and
testing all cable, and wiring associated with audio/video
* Conduct terminations in accordance with system diagrams
* Work with projectors, video conferencing systems, screen
displays, and computer controls.
* Conduct rack buildout and craftsmanship
* Provide feedback to determine improvements needed in the
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Can sit, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional, and
help create, develop, and implement project process
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees,
vendors, clients, and business partners.
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with
* Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking
skills, and the ability to effectively read, write, and give oral
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder, and in confined
spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read the
small print, hear, and recognize audible signals such as dial
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or
regional territory as needed.
* Problem-solving, troubleshooting skills, and creative
* Interact with employees, customers, and colleagues effectively on
a professional level.
* PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a
* Regular attendance is mandatory
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED
* Formal education in electronics or a related field preferred
* Excellent experience with audiovisual or other electro-mechanical
installation techniques, or field servicing.
* Crestron programming experience required.
* Experience should include video conferencing, any of Polycom,
Tandberg, Cisco, or LifeSize is preferred.
* Good experience in the AV residential field - home theaters,
structured wiring, and Smart house designs
* Can read schematic diagrams and drawing
* A qualified candidate will have experience with the following
Manufacturers and Technology Platforms:
* Digital Media
* Digital Video
* Video Conferencing
* Audio Conferencing
* Lead AV Technician
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
Keywords: IES Holdings, Inc., Tempe , AV Technician II, Engineering , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!