After-School Literacy Program Coach for K1 Program (Tempe)
Company: Read Better Be Better
Posted on: January 24, 2023
PROGRAM COACH JOB DESCRIPTIONMISSION:Read Better Be Better's
mission is to connect young readers and youth leaders to inspire a
love of literacy and learning.VISION:A Society in whichallchildren
master the foundational skills necessary to become independent
learners.Be Excellent Be KindJob Title: Program CoachReports To:
Program CoordinatorWork Hours: approx. 5 hours per week for the
school semesterPay: $17/hourBenefits: semesterly merit-based raises
(a possible $0.50 increase each continued semester capping at
$19/hour); professional development and mentorship opportunities;
See the for more.FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Location: Tempe Elementary
School District SUMMARY The Program Coach is responsible for
delivering the Read Better Be Better after-school and
classroom/during-school literacy program to Kindergarten/1st-grade
learners and their 4th/5th-grade Reading Leaders. The Program Coach
will usually be the only certified RBBB employee on site.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend RBBB Orientation and Program Coach Training(s) prior to
being placed at a program site.
- Ensure RBBB program materials are complete and in good
- Ensure RBBB program materials are prepared and ready for
student arrival time.
- Take class attendance.
- Facilitate Read Better Be Better activities included in the
curriculum for the duration of each program session.
- Encourage student participation to enhance student
- Ensure that all RBBB procedures and program structure are being
- Wrap up each program session and dismiss students following
- Return the site to order and carefully store all program
materials for the next use.
- Train & monitor Reading Leaders as necessary.
- Maintain general communication with school certified staff to
optimize student experience and performance.
- Effectively communicate program successes and challenges to
- Attend weekly offsite district team meetings.
- Attend all-team mandatory meetings at RBBB headquarters each
- Rebuild program materials at the end of the semester to prepare
for the next cohort of students.
- Perform all other duties as assigned that are required of the
employee in this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job. REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to conduct yourself in
accordance with the Read Better Be Better organization, vision,
mission and valuesAbility to communicate clearly and effectively
with students, school staff, and RBBB team membersAbility to
motivate and direct groups of up to 24 students
- Ability to manage two different age groups
- Ability to maintain an outgoing personality to engage young
learnersAbility to work independently without any direct
supervisionDemonstrate a professional demeanorSeek opportunities to
develop and grow the Read Better Be Better vision and mission
within the community when possibleREQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must have High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Basic computer/technology skills including email and
applications used for communication, program attendance and
- IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card (RBBB offers reimbursements for
application fees)PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Enrollment in relevant degree program preferred (i.e. teaching,
educational studies, youth & early childhood development, social
justice, etc.) WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position operates in an elementary school library or
classroom setting.WORK SCHEDULEYou will work approximately 5 hours
per week for this part-time reading tutoring program management
- Start Date: January/February
- Schedule: Mondays/Wednesdays (a 2-hour slot between
- Additionally, as needed, additional (optional) opportunities
for more hours may be made available (e.g. extra professional
development, supplemental work in the main office, substituting
site coverage, etc.).TRAVEL
- Travel to assigned school sites
- Travel to RBBB main office for meetings as necessary
- Travel to other designated sites for RBBB meetings and
professional developmentRead Better Be Better is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin,
veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
business need. See the RBBB on the website.If you need assistance
with this application, please contact us at
Keywords: Read Better Be Better, Tempe , After-School Literacy Program Coach for K1 Program (Tempe), Education / Teaching , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!