Front Office Assistant (Mesa, AZ)
Company: Steward Health Care
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Location: Steward Medical Group - West
Posted Date: 7/12/2021
The Front Office Assistant summary of duties included but are not
limited to: coordinating practice inquiries, scheduling
appointments, answers telephone, greets patients, and prepares
patient charts for new and existing patients, performing reception
duties to maintain correct patient information, coordinates
authorizations for care and insures proper chart is pulled for
provider/physician, assisting with the insurance verification and
treatment authorization processes, and performing patient discharge
duties to include collection of co-pays, co-insurance and
deductibles from current or previous visits.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year medical/physician office experience preferred
- Take phones off call forwarding/answering service as needed.
Obtains any messages left for the physician/provider and delivers
to appropriate individual.
- Places phone on call forwarding during lunch as approved by the
Practice Administrator or physician on duty. Urgent calls are
forwarded to back lines or physician pager. Ensures the phone is
forwarded to answering service at close of business each day.
Notifies service of changes to call coverages.
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Take messages
accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are
attended to promptly.
- Prepare charts on new patients, updates charts for
existing/returning patients. Pull charts and review for
- Verifies patient billing information to include: Responsible
party, current address, telephone number, insurance carrier, etc.
Copies insurance cards completely.
- Generates/prepares charge tickets for patients scheduled or
- Files all patient related information accurately and
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical
- Assists with taking patients back to exam room as requested.
Documents pertinent information in the chart for current
- Keeps track of office supplies and orders as needed.
- Collect co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, etc. or past due
- Balances cash received at the end of each day and reports as
directed. Checks, summarizes, and totals all charge tickets at end
of each day. Posts charges and payments on the day of service as
time permits. Puts patient sign in sheet and charge tickets into an
envelope and takes to Billing/Collections clerk for
- Assists with other clerical or back office functions as needed
- Provides training or assistance to new staff members as
directed by Practice Administrator.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and
behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching,
pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing,
using peripheral computer tools
Must be willing to float to other locations
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or
expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new
window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers
page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Steward Health Care, Tempe , Front Office Assistant (Mesa, AZ), Administration, Clerical , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!