Sr. Tax Analyst
Company: State Farm
Posted on: November 16, 2023
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join
our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our
customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial
services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to
ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and
talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an
annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise
performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in
volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning
culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement,
professional designations, employee development, wellness
initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits ,
locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
This Tax Analyst role within Tax and Compliance will focus on
leading and meeting compliance/regulatory department objectives.
The compliance and regulatory focus will be placed on meeting the
various employment taxes obligations. A candidate in this role will
establish and coordinate relationships across the enterprise as
well as in Tax and Compliance. A candidate in this role will also
represent Tax and Compliance in various department and enterprise
projects and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies financial, accounting, business/product, and tax
knowledge/skills to improve State Farm's financial position through
minimization of taxes and other expenses, maximization of cash flow
opportunities, and providing excellent policyholder and business
partner customer service.
- Meets strict and simultaneous deadlines set by external taxing
authorities and internal management.
- Identifies and researches tax issues and savings opportunities;
provides meaningful and clear information to enable decision
- Maintains awareness of and complies with current legislative
and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains and controls tax records/documentation and interprets
tax laws/regulations (past and present) to provide timely strategy
for new business or products, legislation, litigation, audit
activity, and policyholder service.
- Identifies and completes process improvements.
- Translates complex information in an understandable manner to a
variety of audiences. Qualifications
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field is
- Broad business and financial acumen.
- Strong learning agility to be able to react to changing
business environments as well as changes in federal, state, and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced compliance environment where
due dates are critical to the success of the team.
- Proficient at the Microsoft suite of products and ability to
become proficient with other technical applications used in
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to
facilitate meetings to drive results and work with all levels of
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the
ability to work across multiple areas in the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, manage work, and drive
Skills and qualifications may vary by role.
Please see job description
Keywords: State Farm, Tempe , Sr. Tax Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!