Director, Budget and Finance Academic Enterprise
Company: Arizona State University
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Director, Budget and Finance Academic Enterprise96847BRCampus:
TempeDirectorJob DescriptionUnder administrative direction of the
Associate Vice President of Academic Budget and Finance, assists in
managing budgets and financial plans of significant complexity for
the Academic Enterprise. Performs work of considerable difficulty
to develop and direct strategic initiatives in coordination with
the mission of ASU.Job FamilyGenericDepartment NameOffice of Univ
Provost TempeFull-Time/Part-TimeFull-TimeVP CodeEXEC
VP/PROVOSTScope of SearchOpenGrant Funded PositionThis is not a
grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant
funding.Salary Range$95,000 - $130,000 per year; DOEClose
- Assist with conducting financial analyses and simulations to
support Provost decision making pertaining to financial and budget
considerations within the Academic Enterprise.
- Work with the colleges to implement decisions made by the
Provost related to budget and financial allocations.
- Work with the Office of Planning and Budget to track and assess
college financial status and meet with college chief business
officers as needed to address need for correction.
- Provide budget consultation/point of contact with college
business officers on budget issues, including facilitation of
annual Provost meetings.
- Assist with annual faculty hiring plan development and
tracking, including facilitating Provost approval and
implementation of plans, with a focus on financial oversight.
- Partner with the Office of Planning and Budget and the academic
units to manage the University startup budget.
- Provide support for interactions with the Office of Planning
and Budget and Enterprise Planning as it relates to the development
and implementation of University financial models that impact the
- Advocate for the colleges and schools and other parts of the
Academic Enterprise with respect to financial, budget, human
resources, and technology decisions and processes.
- In partnership with appropriate Vice Provosts, the President's
office and Office of Planning and Budget, assist with coordinating
the internal fee development process and submission of ABOR
- Provide support for tuition and fee implementation, working
closely with Student Business Services.
- Partner with the University Business & Finance team to address
policy level issues of significant complexity that impact major
- Perform other functions in the Provost's Office as needed to
support the successful execution of Academic Budget and Finance
responsibilities.Minimum QualificationsBachelor's degree in a field
appropriate to the area of assignment AND eight (8) years of
related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of
supervisory experience; OR, Twelve (12) years of related
administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of
supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education
and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to area of
- Knowledge of strategic planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management concepts and
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making.
- Skill in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and
- Experience in effectively managing, supervising and evaluating
- Skill in providing leadership.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
- Experience in program design and development.
- Skill in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication
- Skill as a strategist, facilitator and communicator.
- Skill in team building and staff development.
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and
corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding
and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate
distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change
priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of
- May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or
across University campuses.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential
functions.ASU StatementArizona State University is a new model for
American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic
excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New
American University is a single, unified institution comprising
four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic,
social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it
serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring
the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines.
ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix,
Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions
intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all
fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU's
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at
https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may
request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police
Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .ASU conducts
pre-employment screening which may include verification of work
history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.ASU
conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes
a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic
credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent
upon successful passing of the background check.This position is
considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint
check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the
fingerprint check.Instructions to ApplyApplication deadline is
3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format
(e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer
for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience
meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of "equivalent combination" in
the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education
or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For
example, a four year Bachelor's degree is equal to four years of
Keywords: Arizona State University, Tempe , Director, Budget and Finance Academic Enterprise, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!