Sales Tax Coordinator (100% Virtual/Remote)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Join Our Community of Food People!The Sales Tax Coordinator will
acquire and maintain valid sales tax exemption certificates from
U.S. Foodservice customers and classify each product accurately in
relation to the various types of sales tax exemption
certificates.This position has been segmented as 100%
Virtual/Remote meaning the work is completed 100% remote anywhere
in the U.S. except Hawaii or United States Territories.
- Acquire tax exemption certificates provided by Divisions and
- Review incoming tax exemption certificates, and determine
validity of such certificates through the understanding of state
laws and requirements.
- Determine appropriate tax status resale, exempt or taxable
through the understanding of tax laws, based on the customers
natures of business and types of products purchased.
- Timely return invalid tax exemption certificates to customers,
along with instructions for necessary corrections.
- Maintain, collect and validate tax exemption certificates for
National Accounts. Review current corporate tax exemption
certificates on file. Update the tax status for new "ship to"
locations. Request individual tax exemption certificates from new
- Upload tax exemption certificates into CertCapture for record
- Process returned tax exemption certificate request mail,
determine correct mailing address and/or communicate with the
Territory Manager to acquire correct customer address.
- Assists with review of monthly Tax Write Off report and
identify customers who must provide a tax exemption certificate.
Request tax exemption certificates from customers to avoid future
short payments of sales taxes.
- Working with staff to comply with Comply with State Tax
Auditors, via Sales/Use Tax Audit Manager, requests by providing
proof of sales tax exemptions or collecting new tax exemption
certificates to prevent a tax assessment.
- Prepare tax audit through running sales query reports in
Discoverer, and evaluating customers' tax status and product
- Research tax rates and product taxability through tax web
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Some college coursework is preferred.Experience:
- Sales and use tax experience is strongly
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook are
- Experience working with Tandem, Discoverer, Oracle and
Checkpoint software is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required with a demonstrated
ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with
internal and external associates.
- Must be a highly motivated individual.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly growing,
fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Must be detail oriented with strong processing, organizational
and documentation skills.The following information is provided in
accordance with certain state and local laws. Compensation depends
on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by
law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is
between $17.12 - $22.84. In New York City, the expected
compensation for this role is between $20.53 - $27.36. In
California, the expected compensation for this role is between
$19.42 - $25.91. In Washington, the expected compensation for this
role is between $19.42 - $25.91. This role is also eligible for
overtime compensation. Benefits for this role include health
insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid
time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock
purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits,
please click here: .#LI-MS1***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Tempe , Sales Tax Coordinator (100% Virtual/Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!