Junior Staff Accountant
Company: Solari Crisis and Human Services
Posted on: March 13, 2023
*The Job/What You'll Do:*
The Jr. Staff Accountant assists with tasks in the areas of accounting, budget, and audit prep. The Jr. Staff Accountant will also assist in the preparation and submission of taxes and other financial reports, the maintenance of the General Ledger, including month, quarter and year end closings and financial analysis and reporting.
* Maintain financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
* Reconcile bank statements and cash accounts.
* Provide financial status information by preparing special reports, completing special projects.
* Correct errors discovered within the financial records and submit to the Controller for approval prior to posting the adjusting journal entries.
* Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
* Assist in preparing audit schedules and working with auditors.
* Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with federal, state, and local financial and legal requirements.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Responsible for staying abreast of state and federal guidelines as well as GAAP standards.
* Other duties as assigned
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:*
* Experience with Accrual-Basis Accounting, Bookkeeping, Solid Financial Acumen, Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to consolidate information, interpret accounting results and formulate strategies based on sound analytical principles
* Deliver information in a meaningful way to a variety of stakeholders
* Accurately and efficiently identify, assess and adapt processes to changes in the business environment.
* Is open to being an active learner, participating in discussions with others, trying new approaches and ideas, and being self-aware and self-reflective for continual personal, professional and leadership growth.
* Strategically plans for diversity initiatives as they relate to Human Resources, including talent acquisition, development, and retention.
* Actively promotes staff development by initiating and encouraging communication with employees about issues of diversity and discrimination.
* Supports activities of Solari's Diversity and Inclusion Taskforce.
* Ability to consistently demonstrate compassion and meet people with compassion; Effort, every interaction deserves my best effort; and Ownership, which drives the company's success.
* Ability to act professionally and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and staff.
* Ability to report to work, meetings, training, and job-related activities prepared and as scheduled.
*Education & Experience:*
* 1 - 2 years of experience in field, Required
* 1+ years experience in General Ledger, Required
* Associate's Degree, Required
While performing the job duties in the office or at a home office, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands; they must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Exposure to noise typical with office operations. Ability to hear and speak.
*Who We Are & What We Offer:*
Solari is an award-winning nonprofit that operates a 24/7 crisis line serving Maricopa County as well as Northern Arizona. Our mission is to Inspire Hope through our talented and compassionate staff.
Since 2007, Solari has been providing crisis contact center services and in that short time has helped thousands of individuals and families connect to the help they need. Additionally, in that short timeframe, Solari has grown to expand services to a peer-run Warm Line, Serious Mental Illness (SMI) determinations, mobile team dispatches, crisis transportation services, emergency room-based assessments, Department of Child Safety (DCS) rapid response and crisis stabilization services, telephone follow-up to those who need it, tragedy support lines and other in-kind services to the community.
* Friendly work environment
* 401(k) with company match
* Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
* Health benefits (M/D/V) that start the first of the month following hire date
* Competitive compensation
* Convenient Tempe location and Hybrid Schedule
* On-site fitness room free to all employees
* And many more great perks!
_Solari is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state, and local laws. At Solari, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and dedicated people come together to make a lifetime impact on each of our Client's lives. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment._
_We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $46,000.00 per year
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%57153078% %%accounting%%
*The Job/What You'll Do:*
Keywords: Solari Crisis and Human Services, Tempe , Junior Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
here to apply!