Staff Auditor - Professional Practices, Strategy & Methodology (Hybrid)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a Staff Auditor for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX
or Phoenix, AZ facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days
onsite are determined between each employee and the employee's
Performs audit assignments. Identifies problems for resolution in
support of risk-based assurance and advisory engagements across the
organization. Applies learning knowledge of financial services
regulations to audit assignments. Performs risk and control
identification and evaluation, increasingly complex audit
techniques, research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
- Executes audit program assignments timely and professionally
with guidance and support from the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) in
support of the annual audit plan and audit priorities.
- Independently and accurately tests basic business, application,
and/or IT general controls (ITGC)
- Identifies control deficiencies in testing, discusses with
Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and/or Audit management and begins to
understand how to initiate control improvement recommendations for
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple
sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn during testing
- Attends and participates in team audit activities like planning
and scoping, business understanding/walkthroughs, review of risk
assessment and testing for assigned areas of responsibility and
demonstrates critical thinking ability.
- Executes on audit documentation techniques including key risks
and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions; is
accountable for completing own work paper documentation within
- Communicates effectively and shares findings and audit reports
with AIC, team members, and may present to business leaders.
- Provide updates to the engagement level risk & control matrix
and other audit documentation as deemed appropriate by AIC or team
leadership. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- If Bachelor's degree, 2 years of audit, financial, insurance,
banking, information technology or related business
- Experience applying audit, risk or compliance acumen in a
- If advanced degree, up to 2 years of experience applying audit,
risk, or compliance acumen in a business/professional
- Experience effectively communicating Controls with business
partners. Preferred Experience:
- 1-3 Years of Internal Audit Experience - preferably in a
- Experience with onboarding of new employees
- Experience with supporting internal training, including
development and delivery of subject matter content
- Comfortable in matrixed managed environment
- Strong organization and administrative skills and capabilities
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900 -
$131,400 ( this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Staff Auditor - Professional Practices, Strategy & Methodology (Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!