Senior Lead Credit Risk Officer - Merchant Services Risk
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: September 23, 2022
About this role:Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Credit Risk
Officer in the Merchant Services Independent Risk Management team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, develop and implement strategic initiatives and processes
to drive the company risk culture, appetite, and business
- Leads risk governance and oversight across the Merchant
Services small business segment and/or functions.
- Leads strategic corporate-wide initiatives and processes, and
partners with line of business management to drive the company risk
culture, appetite, and business performance. Advises and counsels
- Monitors, assesses and reports on asset quality, portfolio
trends and credit policy exception trends.
- Approves credit transactions and participates in acquisition
due diligence. Assesses and predicts risk and performance.
- Establishes effective policies, processes, and tools to
identify and manage risks. Assist in development of appropriate
strategies that ensure risk is within Wells Fargo risk
- Develops and implements appropriate risk rating methodologies.
Approves and provides credible challenge of line of business credit
products, programs, and policies.
- Leads the execution of programs and policies with a measurable
impact on the level of risk taken in credit activities.
- Develops and implements strategies, programs and policies with
a direct and significant impact on credit risk appetite and
culture. Ensures resolution of matters requiring attention from
outside regulators, Audit, or RAR.
- Leads implementation of complex initiatives with high risk,
generally spanning multiple business lines.
- Internal partnership with the business and other business
units, Audit, Legal, regulators, and industry partners on risk
- Leads project/ virtual teams and mentors but does not manage
other team members.Required Qualifications, US:
- 7+ years of Credit Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated
through one or a combination of the following: work experience,
training, military experience, educationDesired Qualifications:
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of Merchant Services,
Treasury Services and/or Card Issuing experience Process design or
- Candidate is expected to have working knowledge of enhancing
and/or governing credit and fraud risk models
- Advanced analytical skills and/or experience with software like
Python, Zoot or Tableau
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing
- Experience with governance and oversight requirements for
regulatory and risk reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of ever-evolving regulatory
environments and governance processes
- Experience in establishing effective policies, processes, and
tools to identify and manage risks.
- Experience in the development of strategies that ensure risk is
within Wells Fargo risk appetite.
- Ability to predict risk and performance.
- Ability to Automate Decision Processes
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into
understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Experience conducting project meetings, presentations and
- Ability to collaborate across Business Functions
- Has focused on the Customer Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Job Expectations:
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job
description Posting Locations:
- Charlotte, NC
- Minneapolis, MN
- West Des Moines, IA
- Wilmington, DE
- Dallas, TX
- Tempe, AZ Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations
within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current
Wells Fargo employeesWe Value Diversity At Wells Fargo, we believe
in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly,
we welcome applications for employment from all qualified
candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities,
pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any
other status protected by applicable law. Employees support our
focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a
strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly
establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our
customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all
applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes,
Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively
following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and
procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance
obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of
issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on
proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and
escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate
with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance
program requirements. Candidates applying to job openings posted in
US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran. Candidates applying to job openings
posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from
all qualified candidates, including women, persons with
disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon
request in connection with the recruitment process.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Tempe , Senior Lead Credit Risk Officer - Merchant Services Risk, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!