Product Management Director - Credit Card/Revenue
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Product
Management Director-Credit Card/Revenue for our San Antonio, TX;
Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Colorado Springs, CO; Tampa, FL or
Charlotte, NC offices or Remote.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and
the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a
commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or
Charlotte, NC. This position also has the option to be remote.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA is a family of companies that provides insurance, banking,
investments, retirement products and advice to more than 13 million
current and former members of the U.S. military and their families.
We have become known for our legendary commitment to our members,
and are consistently recognized for outstanding service, employee
wellness, and financial strength.
As part of the Retail Bank, the Credit Card organization manages
the card products, pricing, acquisition, servicing, and marketing
for over 6 million accounts. Within the product, pricing, and
marketing strategy team in the Card organization, this role will
drive our lending & installment strategy and products to
In this individual contributor role, you will assess, define, and
deliver a balanced roadmap that is focused on optimizing our
pricing in order to generate additional capital so that we can
continue to give back to our membership where they need it most.
Partnering across the organization and leveraging data and
insights, the role will be responsible for analyzing our current
pricing strategies, policies, and procedures to further optimize
our entire card portfolio.
To be successful, you will use prior experience in the finance
and/or pricing space, preferably in the installment or credit card
space. You should have knowledge of card pricing, be able to learn
and ultimately have a deep knowledge of the capabilities of our
core processor, along with banking regulations. You should also be
comfortable working independently in new or undefine spaces. Using
prior experience and an innovative thought process, you'll set the
agenda to deliver a variety of revenue increasing opportunities for
the pricing release train to execute. This work will set the
foundation for future Card products, services, and
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis
of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the
product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make
strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to
sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business
questions and providing insights to improve business performance.
Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in
the development and launch of less complex, new products with
channel partners.Job RequirementsPrimary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to
support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in
support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value
proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the
evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates
with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form
recommendations regarding market opportunities and product
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and
distributing product communications. -
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal,
Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are
designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable
laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and
collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales
forecast and planning.. -Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree (12 years of experience in lieu of a degree).
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting
Operations or Financial Services.
- 3 years of product management, or similar strategic management
experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing
- 2 years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB,
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting
to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make
product decisions, and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk
and compliance requirements.Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience working with credit card core processors
(e.g., Fiserv, TSYS) or demonstrated experience owning complex
processes / systems
- Demonstrated experience using data and data mining skills to
- Superb analytical skills with strengths in financial analysis
as a foundation for strong business strategy and plans
- Prior experience managing a consumer financial services product
with a preference for prior P&L management - preference for
experience in lending & installments
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or MarketingThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $106,800-$192,300.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit .Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Product Management Director - Credit Card/Revenue, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!