Corporate Banking Middle Office, Analyst - Hybrid/AZ
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?Discover
your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the
5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're
180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering
shared and sustainable growth for a better world.With a vision to
be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our
culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and
collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This
means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you
to own your career.Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and
making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position.
There are flexible work from home options available. A member of
our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more
detail.Job Summary:The Corporate Banking Middle Office Analyst is
broadly responsible for coordinating complex syndicated and
bi-lateral loans, and letter of credit transactions for the
Corporate Bank's lines of business. The Team works closely with the
Relationship and Portfolio Managers, ensuring all required
documents, reference data, and critical information are reviewed
for operational feasibility, optimal execution mechanics,
regulatory requirements and mitigation of operational risk. The
team partners with various internal and external parties including,
but not limited to, Debt Capital Markets, Portfolio/Relationship
Management, Loan and Agency Services, Finance, Legal, Trade
Counterparties, as well as external Agent Banks and Lender clients.
The team also interacts with their counterparts in other Regions
and Legal Entities throughout MUFG's robust network of Operations
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of active leveraged and high
grade loan transactions for our Business Partners.
- Support the execution and closing of complex loan transactions,
including, but not limited to; new deals, refinancing, amendments,
acquisition financings, and re-pricings.
- Collect and review legal loan documentation to perform a
detailed review against required Legal, Credit, and Regulatory
approvals, as per Bank policy, as well as perform Facility booking
in the MUFG System of Record.
- Review internal loan related documents and notices for accuracy
and completeness and provide the Back Office with all necessary
information/instruction for loan/fee booking.
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal
and external clients (i.e. Portfolio Management, Syndications,
Credit, Loan and Agency Services, Finance, Legal, and Back Office
- Review and advise on funding mechanics and operational
requirements as it pertains to internal booking, according to
- Perform cyclical Review and Monitoring of Financial Covenants
for active Credit Agreements in individual's portfolio. Liaise with
Relationship/Portfolio Manager for latency and any Covenant
- Assist with ad-hoc inquiries from the Front Office,
Controllers, Reporting, and the Back Office pertaining to the
closing process and ongoing maintenance.
- Schedule internal conference calls to ensure pre-closing
requirements have been met and resolve / escalate any outstanding
issues (for Admin Agent/Lead transactions).
- Assist internal colleagues with fee documentation and
- Initiate and coordinate trade settlement process with ClearPar
system and coordinate with Syndications and internal trade
settlement teams for Institutional trades and asset sales.
- Execution of best practices of control, risk mitigation and
- Participate in projects and provide valuable input with various
working groups, with the goal to continually enhance performance
- Knowledge of Banking Regulations and Standard Practices.
- Periodically reviews the relevant procedures to ensure
appropriate control and consistency with Head Office guidelines and
- Ensures adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative
to Regulatory Compliance including but not limited to the Bank
Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy
Act, Regulations Q& X, Customer identification Program, Know Your
Customer, Suspicious Activity Reports.Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree plus 1- 3 years of Syndicated Loan
experience or equivalent knowledge is preferred.
- Understanding of the Loan product / Syndicated Loan business,
including an understanding of a credit agreement, loan funding
mechanics, deal structure, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial services, specifically
within Wholesale and Investment Banking.
- Prior experience working in a Corporate environment where there
is a need to prioritize and balance numerous responsibilities.
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members and senior
management across and within the lines of business with a keen
attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills,
and strong analytical capability.
- Ability to operate in a challenging and rapidly changing
environment with a desire to accept new assignments and the ability
to learn new principles and dynamic systems quickly.
- Critical decision-making abilities including the ability to
identify, escalate, and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to multi-task through the practice of strong
organizational and time management skills.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of
personnel so classified.We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging
the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our
workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex,
age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military
status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic
information, or any other status of an individual or that
individual's associates or relatives that is protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require
that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other
reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected
for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional
Keywords: MUFG, Tempe , Corporate Banking Middle Office, Analyst - Hybrid/AZ, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!