Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The future you want is within reach
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie
in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building
better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not
just to the next project or what's next in our industry. We're also
looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a
career you're proud of. At PCL, you are more than just an employee.
You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes
a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation
packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent
employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but
give you challenging assignments and an encouraging work
environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Here's how an Accountant for our Civil District office located in
Tempe, AZ, contributes to our team:Responsibilities
- Performs general accounting and administrative functions to
meet contractual requirements for operational and basic
- Completes all financial transactions in a timely and accurate
- Participates in monthly forecast review meetings.
- Provides project teams with ad hoc reports and analysis as the
- Assists with the assembly of information for internal and
external financial reporting requirements.
- Assembles client billings packages in accordance with contract
terms and conditions and ensures timely payment.
- Prepares bank deposits, monthly reconciliations, and cash
- Identifies any irregularities or risk exposure and supports the
development of a strategy to address them.
- ensures that all required documentation, including insurance,
bonding, SDI, workers compensation, statutory declarations, and
lien waivers is in place.
- Interprets trade partner documentation for accounting-related
items and following established accounting procedures.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a related discipline.
- Active pursuit of accounting designation considered an
- 2 years of accounting experience in construction or a related
- Understanding of full-cycle accounting and project forecasting
- Knowledge of government legislation and generally accepted
- Intermediate understanding of lien rights.
- Basic exposure to bid and contract securities and insurance as
they relate to risk management, claims management, pricing, and
- Basic understanding of subcontract PO terms including insurance
and subcontractor default insurance (SDI) and bonding
- Exposure to owner contracts as they relate to payment terms,
billing requirements, audit rights, and cost-of-work
- Ability to act with the required discretion when handling
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and experience
with accounting softwarePCL is an innovative, employee-owned
company comprised of people who find passion in their profession
and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the
infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and
our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and
healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to
work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment
for all employees and applicants and will make all
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process,
please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location
you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
Target Start Date: 02/03/2022Employee Status: Regular
Full-TimeCompany: PCL Construction, Inc.Primary Location: US US :
Arizona : TempeJob: Accountant
Keywords: PCL Construction, Tempe , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!