Accounting Supervisor, General Ledger
Company: Circle K
Posted on: May 11, 2022
JOB SUMMARYManages a functional accounting area by supervising a
team of Accounting Analysts while developing internal procedures
and standard guidelines.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist Sr. Accounting Manager in managing monthly close process
and various reporting requirements.
- Maintains accounting controls by managing input and
verification of transaction information; ensures all deadlines are
met by staff during close process while simultaneously performing
own month end duties.
- Balances and verifies accounts by reconciling statements and
transactions such as Misc Accruals, Prepaid Insurance, Service
Review; reviews all staff reconciliations.
- Balances and verifies all accounting transactions associated
with the Distribution Center.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation;
coordinating posting of adjustments.
- Maintains guidelines by writing and updating policies and
- Maintains accurate balance between main accounting system (PDI
Enterprise) and various sub reporting systems.
- Provide supervision to Accounting Analysts who have
responsibility for daily operational tasks, ensuring compliance
with IFRS, accounting policies and internal controls.
- Assist in writing and conducting employee performance reviews
and provide ongoing feedback with direct consultation with
- Assists with all personnel management and goal setting.
- Provides hiring recommendations to management.
- Foster a climate conducive for offering information and
opinions; provides educational opportunities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reading professional publications;
establishing personal networks; or participating in professional
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Five years of accounting experience preferred; including
minimum of two years of supervisory responsibility
- Must be computer literate in MS Access, Excel and Word.
- Experience working with accounting applications preferred; PDI
Financial Suite experience a plus.
- Licensed CPA or active CPA candidate preferredJob duties may
change with or without advance notice.Circle K is an Equal
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the
ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with
disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under
the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it
does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the
Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance
completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application
process.Click below to review information about our company's use
of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:In
Keywords: Circle K, Tempe , Accounting Supervisor, General Ledger, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!