Posted on: January 13, 2022
Bachelor Degree preferred. Demonstrated successful experience can
be substituted in lieu of
Three to five years of experience in a financial institution
required. Experience in audit or
quality control preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written and
* Excellent decision making/problem solving skills. Ability to
* Knowledge of computer software applications including but not
limited to Microsoft
Office Suite products.
* Work well with others and able to provide consulting to achieve
department and Credit
* Well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented self-starter, able to
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to conduct thorough
research, interpret and
understand laws and regulations, and provide workable
recommendations and solutions
* Broad and thorough knowledge of, and practical experience with
operations, policies and procedures, product and services, and
extensive knowledge of
federal and state banking regulations and financial related
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in an
efficient and effective
* Excellent principal of ethics, including integrity, objectivity,
* Ability to research and interpret regulations, laws, and make
* Conduct tasks in an impartial and unbiased manner.
* Able to educate and communicate awareness in a reinforcing
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform and report monthly, quarterly, and annual testing and
audits that are
2. Perform risk assessments to identify and audit areas of highest
3. Monitor Credit Union functions to confirm it is compliant with
regulations and Credit
4. Review, monitor and test system reports.
5. Perform reviews of employee and family memberships and
6. Monitor and recommend improvement to controls that are designed
to safeguard the
7. Monitor, identify, and recommend improvements to process and
procedure to increase
efficiency and reduce non-value redundancy.
8. Distribute reports on the results of audits, including action
steps and recommendations
9. Develop comprehensive audits for evaluation of the controls over
10. Audit and validate automated and manual internal controls.
11. Manage, monitor and complete audits and the audit plan,
including but not limited to
mandatory and discretionary audits.
12. Keep current to evolving audit techniques and practices.
13. Continuously monitor and recommend expanding TruWest's audit
plan, including but not
limited to implementation and design of broadened discretionary and
reviews, conducting periodic internal reviews for compliance with
federal and state
regulations, and any related reporting.
14. Responsible for presenting potential compliance concerns to
management and other
appropriate parties as needed, with a researched recommendation of
15. Coordinate, schedule, and support in collecting and gathering
documentation for external audits.
16. Implement and continuously monitor a framework that is based on
performing and promoting internal auditing.
17. Develop and maintain quality assurance and improvement program
that covers the
aspects of internal and external audit activity.
18. Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiencies of controls of the
19. Follow-up and track findings and recommendations to determine
that responsible parties
have responded accordingly and implemented the corrective steps and
20. Support exams, including but not limited to NCUA, AZDFI.
21. Research and interpret regulations, laws, remain current with
regulatory updates and
22. Assist, coordinate, and manage Vendor Management oversight.
23. Possess core principals of passion, ownership, caring, trust
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Follow credit union policies for compliance with all laws and
regulations, specifically, but
not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies and
2. Review security camera functionality. Maintain and perform,
physical security testing
including, but not limited to camera, alarm, clean desk and fire
3. Ensure separated and transferred employee system access has been
4. Assists the Risk Management department to fulfill its Bank
Secrecy Act functions by
reviewing ID Verify, Red Flag and OFAC issues.
5. Assist, coordinate, and review Board elections.
6. Support additional or routine Risk Management tasks and provide
back up support
based on Risk Management department needs or as assigned.
7. Support drafting and review of department procedures, work
instructions, and job aids.
8. Perform other projects as assigned.
9. Support by testing and evaluating the Business Continuity
10. Able to periodically travel out of town for one or two
Keywords: TruWest, Tempe , Audit Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!