Accounting Specialist Sr
Company: Arizona State University
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Student Business Services seeks an Accounting Specialist to
perform a variety of accounting functions requiring initiative and
independent judgment to support the goals and objectives of Student
Business Services. This position will also provide student support
and handle inquires pertaining to student account information. Job
Family Finance & Accounting Department Name SBS Third Party Billing
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time VP Code EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE Scope
of Search Open Grant Funded Position This is not a grant funded
position and is not contingent on future grant funding. Salary
Range $19.57 per hour Close Date Category 01
- Coordinates activities within third party sponsored billing
ensuring assigned work is accomplished in a timely manner.
- Completes various accounting processes pertaining to student
- Processes transactions related to third party sponsored
- Responsible for invoicing, billing, and recording pf payments
and researching account receivable for third party sponsors.--
- Researches and analyzes transactions and documents to ensure
compliance with financial policy and procedures.
- Prepares and verifies other transaction documents for accuracy,
completeness and compliance with pertinent university or sponsor
- Assists higher level personnel with more complex or specialized
- Ensures requirements and specifications of university or
outside agencies are met by monitoring and complying with reporting
requirements and opening or closing accounts as
- Extensive customer service for high volume of phone calls,
response to email inquiries and assisting with in-person customers
for related functions in Student Business Services.
- Prepares detailed reconciliations and departmental reports
utilizing a variety of software including PeopleSoft and Microsoft
- Researches account activity and information in response to
inquiries from students, departments and third party
- Updates departmental procedures relating to assigned accounting
functions. Minimum Qualifications Associate's degree in Business
Administration or related field AND two (2) years of related
experience; OR, four (4) years related accounting experience; OR,
any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been
achieved. Desired Qualifications
- Experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated knowledge with FERPA and GLB regulations.
- Experience utilizing and testing student account information
systems at a college or university environment-specifically
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication
- Experience in a high-volume customer service
- Experience using a personal computer including Excel, Word, and
- Experience in preparing reports, statements and reconciliations
utilizing a variety of software.
- Experience in processing transactions with detailed
- Experience with on-line accounting systems and knowledge of
PeopleSoft or other similar student information system.
- Experience with Salesforce or any other similar customer
relationship management system.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to
- extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate
distances to perform
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up
to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change
priorities, which may include and/or
- are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Clearly communicate--to perform essential functions Department
Statement Student Business Services provides accounting functions
in the areas of: Student Accounts, Cashiering Services,
Collections, Tuition Assessment and Treasury Management. ASU
Statement Arizona State University is a new model for American
higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic
excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New
American University is a single, unified institution comprising
four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic,
social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it
serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring
the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines.
ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix,
Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions
intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all
fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU's
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at
https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may
request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police
Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services . ASU conducts
pre-employment screening which may include verification of work
history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. ASU
conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes
a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic
credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent
upon successful passing of the background check. This position is
considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint
check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the
fingerprint check. Instructions to Apply Application deadline is
3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format
(e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer
for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience
meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU
Student Business Services will not be a sponsor for this
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of "equivalent combination" in
the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education
or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For
example, a four year Bachelor's degree is equal to four years of
Keywords: Arizona State University, Tempe , Accounting Specialist Sr, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!