Quality Control - Mortgage & Home Equity Post-Funding Auditor
Company: BNP Paribas
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Quality Control - Mortgage & Home Equity Post-Funding Auditor At
Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the
world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact,
like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs,
financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for
sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the
West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's
lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP--Paribas, a
global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
(SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we
are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers,
while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Through general management oversight, responsible for ensuring that
all aspects of origination through funding meet quality control
standards in accordance with investor, insurer, regulatory and Bank
requirements and guidelines. Possesses thorough knowledge of
function within the division at the appropriate level. May
participate in department/business unit projects. Assists
department members as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Audits First Mortgage and HELOC loans prior to funding to
ensure procedures, guidelines and regulations have been adhered to
for both investor and portfolio loans. Loan products reviewed in
Post-Funding Audit include, Portfolio, FNMA, FHA and VA.
- Ensures activities are performed accurately, thoroughly, and in
accordance with regulatory, operational risk requirements, and/or
industry best practices; and activities meet timeframe
- Manages own work assignments under general supervision to
complete self-assessments and other reviews/projects as
- Participates in assessing Quality Control implications for new
product, services and systems development.
- Knowledgeable about industry best practices and systems.Other
- Assists Management on special projects and mentors/trains new
- Assists in developing and maintaining department policies and
procedures in support of the Bank's Integrated Operational Risk
Framework and/or industry best practices.
- Assists with the testing of new specialized systems or systems
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, investor and Bank
of the West regulations and guidelines. Has an understanding of the
impact of regulation and guidelines on the mortgage and HELOC
portfolio and the bank.
- Identify trends and provide feedback to business
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a strong comprehension of FNMA, FHA and
VA guidelines as well as be able to quickly learn and understand
the Bank's portfolio guidelines.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience in either
underwriting or auditing of first mortgage and/or HELOC loans.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience.
- Practical knowledge of project management is preferred.Skills--
- Knowledge of banking operational risk management and industry
- Knowledge of banking and related laws and regulations.
- Experience in developing, writing, and communicating policies
- Audit or regulatory compliance experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and WordEducation
- High School Diploma or GED RequiredEqual Employment Opportunity
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to
provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without
regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West
is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female /
Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws
and regulations.#LI-BOTWDD2 Primary Location: United
States-Arizona-Tempe Job Type: Full-time Job: Mortgage Reference:
Keywords: BNP Paribas, Tempe , Quality Control - Mortgage & Home Equity Post-Funding Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!