Head of Accounting Policy
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you
know you're making a difference. Our clients are the game changers,
leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy.
They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And
the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way
people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep
network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and
to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers,
dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed
at every stage of their business. Join us at SVB and be part of
bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have
the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by
supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We
pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an
equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently
to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of
working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in
technology and financial services, to apply.
Job Description - Head of Accounting Policy (7863) Head of
Accounting Policy - ( 7863 ) Job Description Reporting to the Chief
Accounting Officer, the Head of Accounting Policy will be
responsible for leading the technical accounting policy function
for the Company, including leading aspects of transformation to
implement a best-in-class accounting policy function. This
individual be responsible for Company-wide accounting policy
governance, driving implementation and training efforts with
respect to adoption of new accounting guidance and ensuring proper
accounting treatment of highly complex transactions such as mergers
& acquisitions, new initiatives and new products. This
individual--will be a key member of the CAO's team as well as a
leader within the overall CFO function, working collaboratively
within the global Controllers' organization and partnering with the
business on strategic and growth initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper global accounting policy governance is embedded
across the enterprise to drive accounting policy compliance and
proper accounting treatment of all applicable accounting and
statutory requirements for the Company.
- Recommend, maintain and enhance accounting procedures to comply
with SOX, GAAP, applicable internal policies, and regulatory
requirements. Maintain awareness of, as well as evaluate,
accounting and regulatory pronouncements and lead the development
of new accounting policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Lead or execute special projects as assigned, including mergers
and acquisitions accounting considerations and finance functional
transformation projects. Provide guidance and accounting insights
on technically complex transactions, new business initiatives,
mergers & acquisitions, new products, and new contracts
- Serve as the global expert resource for GAAP and IFRS advice on
an as needed basis and work with the business and accounting to
identify, resolve and document complex accounting issues and
- Build and maintain relationships with appropriate levels of
management, communicating important issues, opportunities, and/or
problems that may impact the Bank.
- Identify, implement, and execute productivity and efficiency
- Interact with the Audit Committee and facilitate relationship
with external auditors.
- Attract, develop, motivate and retain accounting policy talent.
#LI-CO1 Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have at least 10+ years of
experience and a distinguished record of performance as a senior
accounting officer, including progressive accounting leadership
roles at major diversified financial institutions.
- Candidate must possess an undergraduate degree in accounting
and/or business administration. Knowledge
- Strong technical accounting background possessing a high level
of financial and analytical skills across multiple areas of
responsibility, including all GAAP matters, Regulatory Accounting
Principles (RAP), statutory reporting, and familiarity with IFRS
and other regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge of financial transactions flow and their
financial statement impact.
- Technical and functional accounting training program
requirements for various levels within an organization.
- Technical accounting matters such as complex equity
transactions, mergers & acquisitions, consolidations, variable
interest entities, financial instruments and derivatives, funds
management, share based compensation, and loan participation and
syndication accounting. Skills Collaborating and Influencing
- Facilitates discussions to enable people to collaborate with
each other independently; promotes collaboration across multiple
- Identifies and meets with key players and stakeholders to help
them shape a consensus collectively and engages in a dialogue to
reach a final conclusion together, compromising as necessary for
- Develops explicit understanding of which relationships are most
important to the organization and its stakeholders, builds a
network prioritizing these relationships. Strategic Thinking
- Challenges assumptions and conventional wisdom with specific,
supported, reasoned proposals.
- Contributes to the development of an organizational strategy
and justifies it with market insight.
- Thinks 3-5 years ahead into next business cycle. Driving
- Enables higher performance by incrementally improving
approaches based on calculated risks and benefits.
- Benchmarks own performance against industry best
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and implement best in
class solutions, raising quality and productivity in a calculated
- Identifies new processes and/or systems to improve productivity
and/or make the business more efficient. Preferred Education and
Experience: Prior career experience with a major public accounting
firm is also highly desirable. In addition, the successful
candidate will possess the following:
- Extensive experience monitoring and implementing adoption of
new accounting standards and developing communication and training
- Advanced ability to research technical issues in accounting
literature and regulations and ability to develop policies based
upon this research, including previous experience dealing with
technical matters that include complex equity transactions, mergers
& acquisitions, consolidations, variable interest entities,
financial instruments and derivatives, funds management, share
based compensation, and loan participation and syndication
- Experience in the quarterly SEC filing process, including
preparation of assigned disclosures and reviews of investor
- Effective, high energy business partner with the ability to
influence, collaborate, and work across the organization, with the
CFO, CAO, controllers, treasury, tax and other finance
- Ability to interface with external stakeholders including
external auditors and regulators.
- A highly organized individual who is disciplined in the
oversight of details while maintaining the big picture
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Able to
tailor communication style and message to audience, including
technical and non-technical audiences and all levels of
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills and
is a leader and influencer.
- Experience in developing technical and functional accounting
training programs for various levels within an organization.
- Strength in researching, understanding, and succinctly
explaining complex transactions.
- Ability to develop and adhere to project plans, direct
resources and manage multiple, changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use various coaching
techniques to build a high-performing and accountable team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, high-growth
environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills and
is a leader and influencer. Travel: Travel of 10-20% is anticipated
(mainly to/from PHX/Santa Clara office and from time to time visits
to international offices) Primary Location : NC-Charlotte Other
Locations : Tempe Work Locations : Hayden Ferry Hayden Ferry
Lakeside I 80 E Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 600 Tempe 85281 Job :
Finance & Accounting Full-time Job Posting n For more than 30
years, SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB) and its subsidiaries have
helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas
forward, fast. SVB Financial Group serves companies in
technology-related, life science and healthcare, venture capital
and private equity, and premium wine industries. Along with
commercial, investment, international and private banking services
provided by Silicon Valley Bank, the company offers funds
management, business valuation services, broker-dealer
transactions, asset management and private wealth management.
Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., SVB Financial Group operates
in centers of innovation in the U.S. and around the world. Learn
more at www.svb.com. SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity
employer.At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively
make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities
SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client
roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we
work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking,
different ways of working, and especially those traditionally
underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply--
2019 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL
GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron
device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license.
Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve
System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of
SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB).Silicon Valley Bank is
registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury
Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank
is authorised and regulated by the California Department of
Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank;
authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number
577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct
Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation
Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the
Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.
- Mortgage Payment
- Corporate Governance
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act Disclosures
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Tempe , Head of Accounting Policy, Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!