Sr Business Analyst (Data Management)
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion
(106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more
than 50 countries. In the U.S., we---re 13,000 strong, working
together to positively impact every customer, organization, and
community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values,
putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on
honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each
other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture
supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension
plan. Join a team that---s working to fulfill its vision to be the
world---s most trusted financial group
Sr Business Analyst (Data Management), Assistant Vice President
Working as a member of the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO),
Enterprise Data Quality Team (EDQ), responsible for enabling the
efficient and actionable use of data by planning, developing, and
implementing enterprise data controls across systems within the
Bank with a focus on Risk and Regulatory Reporting under the Data
Management Integrated Control Framework (DMICF). Acting as Golden
Source Identification and Certification (GSIC) Data Quality Analyst
for Agile systems development lifecycle projects, work with a broad
range of teams and roles across the organization including teams
such as Office of the Chief Data Officer, Americas Risk Management,
and Regulatory Reporting as well as roles such as Report Content
Owners, Business System Owners, System Managers, project business
sponsors, business and technical Subject Matter Expert resources
within multiple MUFG entities, project manager, project leads, and
- Understand and apply familiarity with Risk and Regulatory
Reporting processes and Enterprise Metadata concepts such as Key
Data Elements, Business Information Model, Report Attributes, Data
Attributes, Physical Location, etc.
- Communicate with business users and evaluate requirements to
understand project objectives and scope.
- Understand data lineage across complex current state system
environments and target state.
- Performing data analysis including data extraction with
standard SQL Tools.
- Writing and executing queries to profile large data sets.
- Capturing business and data requirements as appropriate within
system development lifecycle across business and technology.
- Perform gap assessment on DMICF Controls to determine
appropriate remediation plan for implementing aggregation layer
control as appropriate on in- scope systems.
- Support creation of various project related documentation
(including but not limited to tollgates, Data Quality Rules, SIT,
UAT plans, Test Scripts, etc.) for Aggregation layer controls.
- Determine data domains, identify in scope KDEs, assessment of
rules required and expected.
- Defining data quality rules across dimensions that data must
- Ensuring design produced meets requirements as documented.
- Planning and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Working with data domains within banking including Deposits,
Commercial Loans, Residential Loans, Trade Finance, Equities,
Derivatives, Forex, Fixed Income, Swaps, Risk Management, Finance
- Requires a Bachelor---s degree (or higher)
- 7+ years of Data Analysis, prior experience working with
industry best practices is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in process improvement, prior experience
with assessing processes for risks and controls is preferred.
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a
member of various teams
- Capacity to identify and understand business needs and
incorporate into technical requirement solutions
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills for assessment of
complex production support issues and recommend/implement effective
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as
the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of
violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG, Tempe , Sr Business Analyst (Data Management), Accounting, Auditing , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!